The IB Heads Conference – Singapore 2011
Prof Sugata Mitra, University of Newcastle;
Chandran Nair, Global Institute for Tomorrow;
Dr Douglas Reeves, The Leadership and Learning Centre;
Kavita Ramdas, Global Fund for Women
; and Monique Seefried, Former Chair of the IB Board of Governors.
To exemplify learners as leaders, IB students and alumni have also participated in the strands, lead presentations, and have permanent exhibitions on display throughout the conference.
IB staff also played key roles, not just in presentations, but also in strand participation.
This broad spectrum of participation intended to establish a diverse IB learning community.
The strands, which link to the overall theme and the topics of the keynote speakers, were:
- Heads as Learners – Continuous Professional Learning for IB Heads
- Developing Student Leadership
- Leadership for Improved Student Achievement
- Leadership for Improved Pedagogy
- Leadership for Improved Curriculum and Assessment
- Leadership Based on the IB Learner Profile
- Leadership and Learning for Global Citizenship
- Leadership in the 21st Century Digital World